Individualized cancer therapy is our main field of research. The following research groups are dealing with the different topics and we are studying here:
- patients' blood in order to analyse their individual radiation sensitivity and to be able to give a recommendation for the use of doses duiring radiation treatment.
- Various methods to predict individual radiation sensitivity quickly and reliably.
- Prediction of radiation sensitivity by skin fibroblasts after bone marrow transplantation.
- What significance does age have for radiation sensitivity
- Clinical and preclinical studies on the interactions of modern tumor therapeutics and ionizing radiation.
- Importance of different inflammatory cells for the prognosis of patients with tumours.
- Interactions of different inflammatory cells and their functional activity.
- Both tumor cells and normal tissue cells can phagocytise other cells under appropriate conditions.
- What are the mechanisms underlying non-professional phagocytosis.
- What is the significance of non-professional phagocytosis in tumor tissue for the prognosis
- The quality of life of young patients compared to older ones.
- The influence of sport, religiousness and nutrition.
- The influence of the family environment